Friday, November 11, 2011

The Pick Up Line

Over the many years that I have been in situations where a man felt he needed a clever line to approach me, and I will add that I am one of those women that men do not approach, there has only been one that was of a genuine origin. I was at work one day, and a headache began to form. Considering that I worked at a night club, pounding music and all,it was of no wonder the headache was intense. He must have been watching me for a while, because it was about two hours into my shift when I literally put both elbows on the bar and began massaging my temples. Before I could make another move, he appeared next to me offering a glass of water and an aspirin.

I looked at him, wincing through the pain, and thanked him. It was then that he introduced himself and got my number. Why did this work? Why was I taken aback enough to go out with him? Even though things ended after a year and 1/2, the gesture showed that he was paying attention to me in that first moment.

The lesson is that you don't need a clever one liner, or a witty remark to truly capture a woman's attention. Don't be jovial or lackadaisical about it either because that can send mixed signals. Directness (not bluntness) and paying attention are the most effective ways to attract the attention of a woman.

That is of course, if you care about being a gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment